Brimham

Apparantly it's been over a month since I've posted anything on the blog - I guess I have been pretty busy lately though, I spent a week working in France driving down to Marseille with various stop offs on route, although I had no free time to head off and climb anything unfortunately. Then I was in Glasgow for a couple of days, then Lutterworth and then a week in Torridon on holiday with the Family.

So all in all I've spent a lot of time away from home recently. Hopefully over the next few weeks I'll be able to get back into the swing of things and get back on with a bit of training.

Last week however before I went on holiday, I managed to head up to Brimham for a rare Yorkshire visit with the G-Man. I arrived after a rather stressful morning, and soon got lost among the jumbles of rocks - I still find this place almost impossible to navigate, but hey...
After a while I eventually found the Pommel area and dispatched quite a few of the easier problems hereabouts, a really good warm up actually, it's been a while since I've ventured onto slopey gritstone, so it was enjoyable.
I then climbed some 5 or other to the right of these easys up two horizontal breaks which provided a really nice set of moves.
After failure on Back Dog Arete and a very greasy Hanging flake, we moved on to the Hole in the Wall area.
We tried the 7a overhang problem via a surprisingly secure Heel/Toe hold on the right - I could reach the lip of the overhang, but found matching it impossible - I really need to work on my core muscles... Gareth managed to crush after not too long via the lanky method. To be fair this probably makes it a good 2 grades easier, I was disappointed to see he was unable to do it by the conventional method.
I flashed a 6a problem to the right of this (can't remember the name) and then we moved over to Pair in a Cubicle area, G was looking strong on PAir in a Cubicle and really should have nailed it, although conditions weren't all that great.
After plenty of procrastination I managed to climb Murky Rib 6b - lovely problem actually...

Brimham from GCW on Vimeo.

Comments