Full house

It was a full house tonight at Bumblo-Jumblo-mumblo, Mat, Cat, Ste, Scott, Geoff,and two others.
I wanted to see how the neck would fair, so I loaded up on the painkillers and headed down. The intention was to take it easy and maybe get something done. The wall to the left of Impending groom has not yet been climbed so I wanted to have a look at it. The crack to the left looks good too, but could really do with being cleaned properly on a rope.
After warming up on the traverse (still can't do the thin section in spite of the lanky's beta) I had a look at the wall. The first couple of moves are really good, a wide couple of sidepulls to a good left hand and then a right sidepull. Then it seems to blank out. The only move I can see next spans out right to a good but small crimp, but even if it heads that way, I can't see how it comes back left. This is one I really need to get on a rope and work out. Mr. Li was working on a diminutive problem on the short walls which follows a line of positive crimps. He was usurped by Scott who managed to get up it first, calling it Bryn at about font 6a. The sit start however fell to Steven.
Then I headed over to the big green wall, Geoff was trying a problem just right of the waterfall. After cleaning it for a while he got on it, climbing further right than he expected to, but getting up it nonetheless. There might be two routes hereabouts. I spotted him on the left hand version, but it was all feeling a bit greasy and he didn't fancy it.
By then it was time to go anyway, and although I didn't get much done, the neck seems to have held up ok.
Ste has now climbed the Clowns wall arete direct, using some holds on the wall, a good effort, Careless Wispa, 6b+.
There are definitely two or three more lines I want to get done here, it's just getting the available time to clean and get them done before they get commandeered.

Comments