weightloss

no climbing news at this end for the time being as I am still recovering from last weekends misadventures. Well, this is a partial truth... I had planned on going to Brownstones this morning, but that plan failed at around twenty past ten last night due primarily to Plymouth Gin. This leads me nicely onto this latest tactic: instead of drinking beer, my tipple of choice is now Gin and slim-line tonic. How gay, you may think. Well, the outrageous camp factor is counterbalanced by the reduced calorific content of gin, which is around a quarter of that of beer. So I don't care. Excellent.

On the weight front, the extra cv sessions in the last couple of weeks appear to be having the desired effect as I've lost 7lbs in the last 3 weeks. I'm now on target for losing a stone in 8 weeks and due to the slow nature I'll hopefully be able to keep it off over the winter, and if everything goes to plan this should translate into climbing prowess durng the cool weather... watch this space, or something like that.

Comments

  1. I recently tried something similar- switching from beer to wine. Unfortunately, I just ended up drinking far more wine than beer so it all backfired really.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be impressed if my gin consumption matches my beer consumption...
    I dare say it would signal my decline into alcoholism....!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment