Fingerbored

I've never particularly been a fan of fingerboarding, tending to be driven to it during bouts of enthusiasm in a training regime. It occured to me that a reason for this has been the lack of structure to the training. To be honest, I also can't get away from the fact that it's, well, pretty boring.
Therefore, due to the rain, and inspired by the recent plastic session, I decided to dust off the board for an exploratory foray and establish some sort of regime. I built the board a couple of years ago, and it consists of 3 rungs of about 2cm about 6 inches apart, suspended from a pull up bar.
Looking at it, it could definitely do with a bit of modifying. It has room for a couple of jugs to be cut out, some slopers need adding and some smaller crimps would do the job nicely.
I started off with 6 x 10 rep assisted pull ups to warm up, as well as some sit-ups. Not a good start, as this nearly destroyed me. hmmm.
I had a couple of minutes rest, then cracked on: I started easy so as not to antagonise any tendons especially as I'm not particularly wall fit. the routine goes like this so far:
3 x 10s double arm open hand hangs with 10s rest between (assisted)
1 min rest
repeat
3 x 10s double arm full crimp hangs with 10s rest between (assisted)
1 min rest
repeat
3 x 10s double arm half crimp hangs with 10s rest between (assisted)
1 min rest
repeat
2 min rest
3 x 3s double arm open hand hangs with 10s rest between (not assisted)
1 min rest
3 x 3s double arm full crimp hangs with 10s rest between (not assisted)
1 min rest
3 x 3s double arm half crimp hangs with 10s rest between (not assisted)

After that I felt pretty pumped and felt like my fingers had had a good work out. The aim is to add 2 seconds to the unassisted hangs, add more variety to the other hangs and to work on progressing to 3, then 2 finger hangs. The idea is to use the board twice a week too.

I should be a beast by Christmas...! ;)

Comments