Tuesday 2nd June: went over to the place noone goes to again as per usual on Tuesdays pre-in-law teatime and was dismayed by the amount of midges also enjoying the solitude. Also lost ten minutes by leaving me bloody chalk in the car, which I had to fetch. nice spot as it is, the waterfall however really detracts from the atmosphere with it's humidity, but anyway I warmed up on the dyno wall doing the usual traverses and felt weak as shit. As I was short on time I thought I'd better get straight on with the objective of the day, the overhang, the landing of which had already been nicely prepared with dead rhododendrons by Mr. R a few months before. after a spot of brushing I tried the first moves which felt impossibly hard, however after a few tries I nailed the move to the roof from a jug on the arete, and much to my surprise reached the good hold - the moves feel really good and easier than I thought - this progress has got me PROPER PSYCHED to go back and complete, although I think I've not got to the crux - need to head back soon armed with more mats and spotters, maybe Friday if I can round the troops...

Comments